Friday, June 10, 2005

Preparing for Vacation...not an easy task

We leave for Florida tonight, after work, after another softball game. Am I ready? Hmmm

So after work last night I come home and tell hubby I need to run to Target for some last minute things, you know, a boat load of those things that only Target will have! Hubby has his own softball game and the kids are at the neighbors swimming. We have really great neighbors, everyone gets along and we all like to have beers together every now and again. So I decide to get the kids so they can go to the store we call heaven.

The neighbors know we are leaving and that hubby has softball and say aww let them stay it is ok, as the four adults sit on the front porch drinking beer from the kegerater. I ask if they are sure, of course we are sure, go Jen go.

So I go to my heaven and obtain my manna and all necessary last minute thingys. Upon returning home hubby has left for his softball game and I decide to retrieve my kiddos. I still have lots of packing and what not to do for our trip. Not to mention I have to address Birthday party invites for the princes' party on the 25th. You know that feeling, that last minute rush of adrenaline to just get everything in order. I was totally running on that rush.

HA! Come on Jen sit down and have one beer. The dishes can wait you can pack later, stay with us for half an hour. This is how these devil neighbors suck me in, at the worst possible times. So needless to say one beer and half an hour turn into six beers and 2 hours, I think. I am a bit blurry and only know that the dishes did not get done until 11:00 p.m. last night and I was still doing laundry before I left for the office this a.m.

My neighbors, they are evil.

1 comment:

Bill said...

They may be evil... but evil in the best of all possible ways!