Sunday, February 05, 2006

Success

Taking time off and doing almost nothing has been good for my soul. I really have not accomplished much but I feel so much more free than I have in years. I still have the same worries and fears but it is different now.

I am set to get a written job offer from a title company. This is the position that I have wanted for a long time coming. It took me walking away from a previous law firm 2 years ago and doing a job I abhored to come to the realization that 1. I actually liked and 2. was good at being a Real Estate Title Agent. I am so very excited about this opportunity and can finally get away from a law firm atmosphere. Moving on is great and this job is going to present a challenge, a challenge for me to actually be happy and to be helpful to others.

Not all attorneys and others that I have worked with in the past are horrible. It is just such a different environment and just breds discontent and bad feelings. Your employers and co-workers can have a tendency to forget about the real world and those around them. I may be jaded when it comes to this attitude, but so be it.

My blogging has been seriously lacking, I apologize for that. I really need to catch up on everyone. But at the same time, being free from internet life has been a relief as well. The kids have loved having their mommy more often and its been fun to help out at school. I can't say the house is spotless but my brain is all the better for this time.

*smooches* to those that want'em!!!

20 comments:

Bravie said...

Welcome back. It sounds like life is in a good place for you right now. *smooch* Glad to hear it.

Syren said...

I am so glad to see you doing well.

*smooch*

Emily RugBurn said...

*SMOOOOOCH*

Oh, Jen - I just could not be happier for you. I'm so glad things have worked out the way you had hoped.

It's great to see you (here and over *there*). You've been terribly missed!

~ EmRB

arkie said...

*smooch*

I'm so glad that you seem to be in a good place right now.

Bill said...

Smootches back at ya Jen.

I knew something 'right' would come your way once you cleared your mind of the past job!!

Congrats!! I hope it's a great offer!!

Zombs said...

Good for you and welcome back. I have always found life change sometimes is just the greatest!

I am glad things are going well for you.

Puffy said...

Yippee! Good to see you. Now "stay!"

Joe said...

Glad to hear the time off did you some good. Having worked at law firms for a few years now, I completely understand (and agree with) your assessment.

kim (weltek) said...

Congrats! I'm so happy you are feeling well & are ready to start your new job! How nice to have had time to devote to yourself & your kids. *smooch*

Scott said...

Jen, it's good to see you online again. It has been such a long time, and I have missed you. I'm happy that you have found your way.

~Nutz said...

See??? We knew it was all going to work out for you! I'm so glad you were able to take this break, clear your head and spend time with the kids! I think it's just what you needed! Great news about the new job.

Schnookie said...

*HUGS* I'm really happy to see that the time off has had a positive effect. Welcome back Jen! And, best of luck with the new job.

A. Darcy said...

:) good for you, all about priorties, babe!

The Zombieslayer said...

Yeah! A real estate title rep. Too bad you're in Ohio. I could use a decent one over here in California. Got a good real estate agent, a good lender, but only found mediocre title reps out here so far.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Welcome back!
BTW, I tagged you on my blog a few days ago

Beth said...

When I really freed up my Internet time, my whole life got better. I hear you on that!

HistoryDetective said...

Just stopped by to say:

*smooch*

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

It's great to hear that you're finally going to be doing something you love. Maybe I'll be inspired to try and get back to the type of job I really enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »