Monday, February 26, 2007

I am so cliche...in more ways than one!!

I will only discuss two ways in which I was cliche today!! I have been utterly and completely depressed and a bit angry. My son was sick today and I was listening to my "sad songs" while I went to pick up his prescription. I had a feeling of total helplessness and decided to drive around some more while listening to my line up of "getting out the good cry" music.

At some point I thought about stopping for a shot of tequila and a beer. Then it occurred to me it would not do me much good to get drunk at 5:00 p.m. on a Monday. I replaced getting drunk with the euphoria of.....thats right....buying new shoes!! I bought 3 new pairs for myself and 1 pair for my daughter! I also purchased a new purse and I tell you what....I got back in the car and put in my Jet CD and listened to "Cold Hard Bitch"! Once I got home I was ready to face everyone in this household to only discover......

MY BARE MINERALS MAKEUP had arrived!! After many years of hearing about these products at OT I was sucked in on some infomerical. My daughter and I put in the helpful handy dandy DVD and followed all the steps. I am highly impressed with this product and can't wait to use it again in the morning!!

Some days I am glad to be a woman and a bit cliche!!

5 comments:

~Nutz said...

OMG! Shoe shopping is definitely the best prescription ever!

Beth said...

I use a bare minerals knock off and it's all I use now, but I think the real stuff is probably way better. How does it conceal under eye sufferage?

kim (weltek) said...

LOL! Yes, a bit cliche, but it's our right to cry over sappy songs and enjoy it!

So are you like me when I first got my BMs? I wanted to keep touching my face, wash after a few hours and reapply just for fun. BM isn't the best for my big pores, but I still use it when my skin isn't super oily.

jenbeauty said...

I think it covers well under the eyes but agree with Kim about the pore thingy. I believe once summer comes to it will blend nicely. I usually don't wear makeup well during the winter and this stuff actually evens me out.

Scott said...

So that's why my wife is always shopping and buying things. Thanks for the tip. The key to happiness is shopping...

I kind of get it actually.