Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Kindergarten!!

Well my baby's first day of kindergarten was today! It is a dreary rainy day here in Columbus, Ohio. But that did not dampen my son's mood. Mitchell was so excited this morning he did not care that mommy forgot to buy him a boy umbrella so he just used the blue and white polka dotted one!

I can't wait for the end of the day to hear about both J and M's first day back to school. J is a 5th grader this year. It is amazing to me how beautiful she looked this morning. They are growing up so fast but I am so happy that I am making time every day to cherish them in their childhood moments, storing those memories for a far off rainy day of my own.

8 comments:

Scott said...

My youngest got a hair cut and suddenly looks much older. I couldn't help but feel a little sad. I'll sure miss his cute, cuddly teddy bear little self.

Beth said...

I don't think there's anything more bittersweet on earth than the first day of Kindergarten. Cherish these days. They will zoom by and all you'll be left with is disgruntled teenagers. =D

SzélsőFa said...

On August 30, we are going to the LAST day of kindergarten for my daughter. Just as heartbreaking. She starts going to school on 1st September...

thephoenixnyc said...

WOW!! That is a huge day in any mother and child's life. Did you cry? Did he? How did he do?

M

Anonymous said...

Next week for us. :)

Puffy said...

Did you buy the "boy umbrella" yet?

kim (weltek) said...

I bet these first weeks will be very exciting for the kids! Enjoy it now, because by Thanksgiving they'll be complaining. :-)

Ben O. said...

That's still a few years off for us, but for some strange reason, I'm already looking forward to it.

Ben O.