Friday, November 18, 2005

Harry Potter, GO BUCKEYES, Pink Poker Party and Areosmith!!

Whew I have a lot to say today. And yes, I know I owe stories of the wild reunion weekend. I am working on that post.

YAY the new Harry Potter movie is out today! Although I will not get to see it tonight with the other HP geek masses I plan on taking the kiddos tomorrow....maybe....if OHIO STATE is kicking the ass of the team up north! Hubby is going to a Michigan Party and I have graciously accepted that I need to stay home with the kids. It appears that we have had a lot of adult fun filled weekends in the past couple of months and that our children actually need some attention. I do not take missing this particular Ohio State game lightly. So in the years to come I will mercilessly remind my children of what I had to give up for them. The same way my parents tortured me....um....well not really tortured as my parents usually went to every game without fail which meant I got to spend time with my cousins. OH..............IO I will end this little tribute of our devotion to Ohio State by repeating what my daughter said to me this morning "GO BUCKS, MICHIGAN SUCKS, WE HAVE THE POWER TO KICK THEIR BUTTS!"

Tonight I am participating in a Pink Poker Party. What is this you may ask. It is an all female texas hold'em tournament. We will be dressing in our finest pink attire, with matching tierras, pink jewelry and all other manner of prissy pinkness we can come up with. All this really means is that I get to wear a tierra while playing poker, drinking lots of alcohol and taking my friends money. I am very excited at this prospect.

One of the other reasons why I am staying home with the kiddos on Saturday is because we are attending the Aerosmith/Lenny Kravitz concert on Sunday night. My dad has agreed to watch the princess and prince. Thank goodness for my dad! I think it was all the torture they put me through while he and my mom were attending OSU games that makes him feel obligated. We are having dinner with two other couples and then driving to the show. I am also very excited for Sunday night as I have wanted to see both acts for a very long time. Not to mention Lenny Kravitz....mrrrrrow HOT and I get to almost party like a Rock Star again!

Have a great weekend everyone!! I almost forgot......*SMOOCHES* GLOWIE AND CONGRATS!

10 comments:

Foxy said...

oh, i love aerosmith in concert- have seen them twice- lenny never...but it sounds like a good time. steven tyler's energy on stage amazes me- i can barely do a cartwheel and i'm only 28- the man runs around, dances, flips and screams the whole time and he's ancient...lol

have a great time. :)

Melody said...

Sounds like such a fun week-end....I wanta be YOU!

mm said...

Aerosmith with Lenny Kravitz?? Wow, my first concert ever (about 15 years ago) was Tom Petty and Lenny Kravitz. Then I saw Aerosmith about 11 years ago. So much fun! Have a good time JB!

Emily RugBurn said...

Holy carp, Jen! Sounds like you have an amazing weekend ahead of you! Have a terrific time with everything! (And good luck taking your friend's money; it's one of my all-time favourite past times!)

~ EmRB

The Duke said...

rock n roll, football, some HP and matching tiaras! I am jealous!

Ha ha ha!


Have fun!

The Zombieslayer said...

You going to do a review of HP4? Would love to read it. I'll be seeing it some time next week with the family.

Good luck at poker.

Jim said...

This Spartan fan is SOOOOOOOOOO glad that you folks who support THE Ohio State University pulled-off a big win up there in pompousland. The Wolfies didn't deserve a share of the title.

Now, help my Spartys recover from the basketball loss at Hawaii. The idiots!!

Squiggle said...

I hope you fleeced your friends for all of their money.

jenbeauty said...

YAY OHIO...thanks Jim! Really what is up with that basketball team of yours??? We were all shocked by that loss!

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Ultram toys