Thursday, November 03, 2005

This and that update

My kiddos were sick this week. Princess had strep and prince has had this yucky cough for 3 weeks now. So off to the doctor we went. Both are on antibiotics and feeling better and back at school.

Halloween was lots of fun. My dad took the day off so he could be with the kids and hand out the candy. In my family it is a tradition to scare the piss out of eachother. My uncle used to love to do this to our family at various times. My dad waited for Princess and her friends to get off the school bus. He was dressed in all black with a covered face. I warned my neighbor, who is a police officer, that dad was going to do this. So all the kids get off the bus and dad comes out from behind neighbor's house and sends the kids flying in all directions. About gave the bus driver a heart attack! LOL And my daughter....she stood there, put her hands on her hips, and said aww Grandpa stop scaring everyone! LOL Busted!

As for an update on my reunion, I am getting there. I really want to post some pics of that and the kids. I promise I will get to it soon.

20 comments:

mm said...

LOL Jen! My dad loves to wear masks and scare people, even the kids. (maybe even especially)

I've yet to see anyone who ended up scarred for life from being scared, but I'm sure there are those out there that will claim otherwise.

Joe said...

Geez...I'm sorry to hear about the kids. I hate it when children are sick. It's such a helpless feeling to watch them suffer.

HistoryDetective said...

I think that your dad and my dad would get along really well!

Foxy said...

you're dad sounds like allot of fun- hope the kids are better. :)

Kim said...

Gotta love Dads who have traditions!

The Zombieslayer said...

Your father is cool. I like people who take Halloween seriously. It's such a sad thing to see nowadays because it's a dying tradition. So many people are scared that something will happen to their kids. Paranoia is destroying fun.

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Grandpa! :) And, I also hope the kids are feeling better too.

Melody said...

Bet that got their adrenaline pumping.

Chloe said...

I love adults who love Halloween!

Bill said...

I hope the kids are feelign better!

As for Grandpa.. well.. If I ever get to be a Grandpa, I hope I'll still have the energy and health that kind of 'devious fun'!!

Ben O. said...

I already miss Halloween.

Hope the kiddoes get better soon -

Ben O.

Scott said...

Your dad has the right idea for halloween. I haven't even dressed up in a couple years (or more), but I vow to change for next year. Good to see you online.

Bravie said...

LMAO, love your Dad. that's great.

thephoenixnyc said...

Come on kiddo, let's see the pics.

Trevor Record said...

Haha, that is a great grandpa. What did your kids dress up as?

Sonya said...

Hope the kids get to feelin' better.

Zombs said...

I hate when kids get sick! I would rather be sick! Hey I am!

Now the bad part about Halloween is that everyday I eat 2-3 pieces of their candy(they don't like the chocolate). Pants.get.tighter.

That dude Paul said...

ya there Jen??????

Schnookie said...

Your dad sounds like a terrific guy!

Hope the family is feeling better these days.

Anonymous said...

What a great site » »