Thursday, May 25, 2006

And the search is on

In the two (2) days since I was told my job was eliminated I have sent out 8 resumes and have had 4 call backs. I have set up three (3) interviews for next week and turned down one, the money for that is not what I am looking for.

My current boss provided me with a stellar reference letter and his wife who is an attorney had one of her partners pass my resume to a big corporation. I have actually worked with that corporation, they were a client of a firm I worked for back in the 90s. They recogonize my name and the old firm and the VP wants to interview me! I am very excited about this prospect. I believe once again I am in the right place at the right time.

Thanks for coming back and listening to my saga. I do have some fun stories and family stuff I want to throw out there and will once time allows next week.

smooches peeps!!

15 comments:

mm said...

Good luck, Jen. You deserve good things.

*smooch*

Ben O. said...

Wow, that actually sounds good. Hopefully the interviews will be awesome.

Good luck - Ben O.

Beth said...

I think that's awesome, Jen! Sending good luck vibes big time!!!

Natalie said...

Everything happens for a reason. This job may have been to capapult you to a position at the big corporation. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Puffy said...

You have some good prospects so soon. How nice!

The Duke said...

Man! You dunked that rebound!


Timely sports analogy!

~Nutz said...

First of all, {{{hugs}}}

but, second YAY!!!

Things really do happen for a reason. I hope this one works out. Let us know how it goes.

Lasann said...

I like that you were very proactive and started the search immediately. I probably would have been depressed and not reacted as fast.

Good job! One of the leads will bring a job.

Scott said...

I am so happy for you. If I were a superstitious man, I would say that there is a little destiny in the making.

Trevor Record said...

Isn't it always about being in the right place at the right time?

It's good to hear things are looking good for you, I just got laid off myself!

Bravie said...

Wow, good luck to you, girl. I hope things work out for you.

Joe said...

Ugh...I know the feeling. I'll keep you in my thoughts, Jen.

Anonymous said...

ok, so you have a guess @ who this is, now i will wait and see if we chat

Anonymous said...

miss ya

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Lowering blood pressure without medications Can lipitor cause leg pain meta auto alarm