Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Bases

Kissing, why are they talking about kissing? What the heck is being frenched, oh god don't ask me, DON'T ASK ME! Mr. Codria saved me and told the girls it was time to break into our math groups. After this encounter I was in shock, confused and totally bewildered at the meanings behind the terms frenching and being felt up.

At the age of ten my parents were still the center of my universe. I did the only thing I could, being the curious type and one who cannot keep her mouth shut. It was at the dinner table when I blurted out "I need to know the bases!" My parents glanced at eachother with a strained perplexed look that clearly read our daughter is losing her mind. My Mom proceeds to ask why on earth I am asking about softball and basics I already know. My ten year old mind is trying to come up with an excuse. I made the decision to tell my parents about the discussion the girls had earlier that day. "Oh Boy" says my dad and he leaves the table. That is the night I had my first real sexual talk with my Mom. I learned what french kissing was all about and that boys actually like to feel your boobs. I distinctly remember being appalled and then saying "you mean dad touches your boobs??!!" At that point my Mom bursts out laughing and I can hear my Dad downstairs again saying "Oh Boy!" Mom gets me giggling and admits she had no clue what the bases actually were but began a discussion with me regarding what she knew. Going to bed that night I felt more knowledgeable and ready to face the girls. But was I really ready to face future questioning about if I had ever been kissed?

As the school year moved forward and the seasons were changing so was I. I was starting to leave my dolls behind and really noticing what boys were all about. I was going to the roller rink, the movies and having a great time with my new best friend. The cool circle group still discussed boys on a regular basis and how far everyone had gotten. I had escaped scrutiny until one Spring morning. My friend Sonia asked me straight out if I had ever kissed a boy. I think my ears were the color of blood but I answered honestly. Afterall, this was the only real friend I had made so far and felt safe. It was a wise choice, Sonia was a good friend and did not laugh or make fun of me. She only decided to make it her mission to see that I got my first kiss and protect me from the perceived cool crowd.

23 comments:

Breezy said...

Ack! *thud* DD just turned 10, I'm not ready for this.

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Nice Tits, now wouldn't you like to purchase our boob enhancer. It's guaranteed to make all the boys come from the yard to check out your milkshake. Oh yeah, nice ass too. ;-)

My parents never had the talk with me. I was always the good kid, the one they didn't have to worry about. I probably could have used the talk, or not. I didn't go out on my first date till 22-23 and well that stuff they would have talked to me about, 26.

*smooch*

thephoenixnyc said...

I've always wished my first kiss was with someone other than the person it was with.

Scott said...

Jen - That was such a sweet story, especially between you and your mom. I laughed out loud when you asked your mom if your dad likes touching her boobs. You sure connected the dots on that one. Sonia sounds like a keeper; I'm glad you were able to be honest with her. I'll bet she did finally hook you up...

jenbeauty said...

The hookup is coming!! I just can't seem to get my stories into one post. lol

The Duke said...

That's a sweet story, and what a nice friend, those one's are keepers!

Chloe said...

That's such a sweet story. The only thing I remember about being 10 is that I wrote my first story that year.

And thank you for visiting moo!

Bravie said...

What a cool friend ou had. I remember my first "real kiss" and he was terrible. I didn't understand the hooplah. I forget how old I was. But I know that once I got a guy who was a good kisser, everything else came much sooner than it should have. *sigh*

Foxy said...

so cool that your mom actually had that talk with you..mine never did and i had to learn things the hard and sometimes embarrasing and painful ways.

Foxy said...

ps. i linked you cuz i always forget to come here and i love your stories! hope ya don't mind. :)

Mise en Place said...

What a great post. Man, I remember my talk and have mercy, I was mortified about the whole thing,lol!

Then came the first kiss and things suddenly look a whole lot different.

The Zombieslayer said...

I distinctly remember being appalled and then saying "you mean dad touches your boobs??!!"

Ha ha! This post was awesome. It made me laugh, but made me uncomfortable for your parents at the same time. I'm a parent by the way and we've been clueing in Junior little by little. I've always hated the idea of "the talk" and by doing this, "the talk" won't be needed because piece by piece, he'll know.

Anonymous said...

When I was in first grade, I told my mom that I thought that a boy liked me. She freaked out and said something about not being able to date until I was sixteen. Needless to say, never talked to her about boys ever again. :) Good for you and your mom! :)

mm said...

This is so much fun to read, Jen. I can't wait to hear the rest!

Glowie said...

This is such a great story, Jen. Thanks for sharing it. Can't wait to hear the rest.

Beth said...

My daughter is 12 and doesn't want to be kissed. I'm not even a mom being fooled by her kid. She's just scared of it and thinks boys her age are "dorky". If she can only keep this train of thought until she's like 30, hurrah! =)

Anonymous said...

Your story made me laugh out loud! Thanks so much for sharing it! I'll never forget my first kiss: 9-years-old, grade 5, behind a church after school. Jeremy K - my first real like (but, at the time, I thought it was true love). I never had "the talk" with my parents... I kinda wish I did, though. I had questions, man! So many questions!

~EmRB

Vest said...

I was 15 and 6 Months when I received my first kiss from my first girl friend Emily who was three years my senior and sexually benevolent. Vest, Daily Gaggle.

Vest said...

BTW Emily did remark that after all; what she had been told by other boys had turned out to be true. However, Emily was a lady and kept my secret.

Geggy said...

Your talk with your mom had me LOLing all over the place!

I'll never forget my mom giving me a whole seminar on my dad's lovemaking skills when she had to drive me home from the gynecologist's office (I'd just had cryosurgery on my pre-cancerous cervix). She wanted to make sure that I wasn't afraid to have sex with X after the surgery. It was positively excrutiating.

On a lighter note...my first kiss was at about age 11/12. At the roller rink with the man...I mean, boy of my dreams at the time. Sweet, it was.

Trevor Record said...

Aw!

I avoided talking to my parents about that sort of thing like the plague.

Are you going to tell us about your first kiss next?

arkie said...

What an entertaining story, Jen! I can't wait for the next segment.

Anonymous said...

vest; stop bragging, I recall on the ZS post about Speedo's, you stated that,your engine was knackered, your crankshaft bent and you had run out of oil.
Mum said you need lazarus oil to bring it back to life.
Happy blogging daddy, number 3 son.