Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I sent my baby off!

Today was my boy's first day of Pre-School. He will be attending this P-S on Tuesdays and Thursdays a full day. We picked out his outfit, packed his backpack, hugged and kissed his sister as she was catching the bus and off we went.

I was all smiles and excitement for my baby. He is a shy boy and does not like large crowds with lots of noise. Little prince surprised me upon entering the school. The lady at the front desk said his name and greeted prince with a warm hello. Prince responded back with a big HI and a wave. The lady smiled and said how wonderful he is not shy. Mommy was delighted and a bit relieved!

Prince's neighbor boy friend "Sammie" will also be attending Pre-School on the same days as him. Thank the stars that Sammie was already in the gym and had started P-S last week! We greeted Prince's teachers and they showed us the classrooms the preschoolers would be using. Sammie went along and was the tour guide extraordinre. Several other little boys had come to say hello to little Prince and he was well on his way to making new friends.

Once we returned to the gym I announced to Prince that it was time Mommy went to work. I asked him for our ritual goodbye "kissy and huggies". I bent down and he whispered "just huggies Mommy."

10 comments:

Scott said...

How cute! My oldest started kindergarten last week, and his teacher put cupped his face in her hands and told him how handsome he looked in his shirt, and he smiled. Hooked. We have both the kids signed up for music classes too, which is also going really well. It's fun but sad at the same time, isn't it?

bricotrout said...

milestones. we love them, fear them, hate, embrace them, run away from the. they keep on coming.

mm said...

He sounds adorable!

*sniff* I remember when mine were that little...

(since you found mine, I had to find yours)

*smooch*

Trevor Record said...

Aww, the part where he said "just huggies mommy" made me so sad!

thephoenixnyc said...

Aww, the first day of seperation. Be brave!! He's a MAN now. ; 0

jenbeauty said...

He was so cute yesterday. He had a great day and did wonderful. phoenix is right he became a little man! *sniff*

Anonymous said...

He said that?!? That is too much. No kissy, huh? :) I can't believe this day will soon be here for me too.

The Zombieslayer said...

I asked him for our ritual goodbye "kissy and huggies". I bent down and he whispered "just huggies Mommy."

Wow. Mommy's already embarassing. Kids grow up too fast, don't they? ;)

Zombs said...

I feel your pain/happiness! What a cute story!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work http://www.joggingstroller8.info defense attorney Ga travels uk Replica coach handbag knock offs porsche sales fluoxetine http://www.dietpill9.info Teenage male model Gold body jewelry wholesale Project management learning curves Sofa king sports bar http://www.investments-8.info http://www.nikki-benz.info Voice over ip marktanteile mature gallery Mercedes benz of annapolis md Furniture staffordshire wicker http://www.concerta-er.info Playera barcelona soccer