Thursday, September 08, 2005

On the lighter side of things

1.What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done to your hair?
I had to cut it in high school really short. I hated my Senior pics and you can tell by the look on my face. I always had long hair except when my mom made me get the Dorothy Hamill cut and then the high school fiasco. That is why I don't stray too far from what I like.

2.Who gave you your name, and how did they choose it? My parents could not decide so they put three sets of names in a hat and pulled one. Hence I became a Jen.

3.What gives you the creeps? Spiders...ewww....*shudder*

4.What relative do you most resemble in personality? This is a tough one. I would say my mom and my godmother/auntie. I am becoming too much like my mom in my parenting skills and I need to work on that a bit. There is quite a bit a disagree with when it comes to how she disciplined me in childhood and what sometimes I catch myself doing with my kids. My auntie and I shared a lot of the same beliefs and she was my 2nd mom. I got my temper from her and it seems she and my mom shared the same sense of humor. I got that from both.

5.How did you come up with the name of your blog? Does it mean anything, or is it nonsense? *giggles* This started as a place for me to come and moan about how I felt ignored and that no one listened to me. I literally talk to myself frequently and thought this would be a place just for me to get out some emotions. It quickly became something more and I am glad for that. I have met some great people and I am able to continue online friendships through this blog. Plus I can be a huge DAW sometimes so that is a bonus. I think I should rename this thing "Laughing at Myself" which I tend to do a lot.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now who's playing politics with Katrina?
The phone call that wasn't Bush administration allies claim the president called the mayor of New Orleans to urge an evacuation.
prada bag Terrific Gifts for Spring and Summer. Many Styles! Shop from our VAST COLLECTION of Handbags today! prada bag

jenbeauty said...

LOL Mrs.T! Thank god for laughter!

Hey how did they know I love Prada...my one downfall.

Bravie said...

I am soooooo with you on the spiders. *shudder*
In fact, i gagged when I saw the word. *gag*
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

Scott said...

My wife hates spiders and snakes, but that's not what it takes to love me, ooh whoo! Do you know that song?

Scott said...

Of course I changed it a little...

Bill said...

Jen - great post! I was more than ready for a lighter side of things!

You gave me a smile, just when I needed one!

momma said...

*sa-moooooooooooooooch* to JB!

jenbeauty said...

Thank you MoN. You were one of the firsts to come around here. I enjoy your blog and am really glad I have started this.

Scott said...

Jen - you deleted your last comment. Can you see your blog now?

jenbeauty said...

I got an answer Scott...thanks it is fixed!! Doh!

Jason said...

Mel Tillis, right?

The Zombieslayer said...

Hair - I've usually had it long and it curls up. My Dad used to call me "Black Goldilocks." Couldn't stand having a son with long hair. So I guess the most adventurous thing I did was shave it.

Name - After a cellist. And no, it wasn't Yo Yo Ma.

Creeps - Parasites

Relative - Hopefully none of them for their sake

Blog name? I really am preparing for the upcoming zombie plague.

Anonymous said...

I scare myself in the conversations that I can have with myself. Amazing, really! :)

Whitney said...

1.What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done to your hair?
I got an extreme 'swing' haircut in college and grew a 'tail' that was extremely tiny -- always had a bow on it. Kinda an 'industrial bowhead' look.

2.Who gave you your name, and how did they choose it? My parents -- knew someone in college named Whitney and always said if they had a girl that would be her name, my name.

3.What gives you the creeps? Too many things to list here.

4.What relative do you most resemble in personality? My aunt MaryAnn in our outgoingness. But other than that, I am a foreigner in my own family -- there aren't any others like me. Good or bad.

5.How did you come up with the name of your blog? WhitBits -- just bits and pieces of my personality and my life. You would have to pay attention for a long time to piece them all together and discover the complete me. And it rhymed.