Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Family Night

Last night was a pretty good night for our family. Everything just fell together in an unplanned way and we were able to enjoy a hot summer night.

I made fetteccini alfredo. The sauce and noodles were yummy and we ate the whole pot. Everyone helped with the dishes and the clean up, which was a shock to my system. We discussed going to play tennis and hubby and I decided that it was a good evening to do that.

We went to a local high school which has an elementary school next to it. It was balmy, hot and sticky but we all four played. I had bought the kids new rackets a few weeks ago upon my cousin telling me my kids were naturals. Hubby played with them last week and said they both did very well. I am not surprised as my mom (the extraordinary athlete) was semi-pro in college. I have not played in over five years and got the workout of my life. I am surprised I can type this entry today! The kids really played hard and my son, my son is the natural. It amazes me that any sport this young boy tries he excels, talk about a wicked back hand. Once we all were sweating buckets my son exclaimed "my hair is wet, how did my hair get wet!" I knew it was time for a break.

Ah the swings! I love to swing and this playground had the best swings. You know the ones, they have the big triangle shaped metal poles. They have the chain link "ropes" and nice wide seats that sit high up off the ground. Hubby, daughter and I were swinging high into the sky. It was the absolute best feeling in the world to be swinging like that and watching my daughter giggle at her mommy and daddy. While we were enjoying the swings my son was mastering the monkey bars. That child is a monkey and will give me at least 10 heartattacks during my lifetime. Last night felt so good and so right, it fit the word FAMILY.

So how could this family of four end their wonderful family night? We went home and I made banana splits! The kids took theirs with no nuts, but hubby and I, we are nuts. Once in awhile you get it right.

10 comments:

Breezy said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer evening with the family.

*smooch*

Bravie said...

I love playing on the swings. Of course, you get much less weird looks because you actually have kids. Parents frown upon me throwing their kids off the swings so that I can play on them. Hrmph.
And I want a banana split now.

I miss being a kid and spending those kinds of fun family nights together.
*smooch*

arkie said...

Sounds like a wonderful night.

jenbeauty said...

It was really one of those moments that grab you and make you remember what it felt like to be so care free.

Come to Ohio Carey I will take you to the swings and make you a banana split!

*smooch* ladies...it is really good to see everyone around the blogs. I am feeling a bit nostolgic today. *sigh*

Beth said...

I don't think there is anything better in the world! Thank you for sharing this!

Scott said...

I like the swings too, but my knee is busted now so I can't jump from them anymore.

HistoryDetective said...

Sounds like a very nice evening!
Here's a recipe suggestion, if you're interested. When I make alfredo sauce, I like to stir in some honey and some dijon mustard. It gives the sauce a sweet little kick!

jenbeauty said...

yummy HD...that sounds really good! I have my own little recipe and this would add a bit of sweetness to mine.

Thanks for stopping by!

Schnookie said...

Sounds wonderful! I can't remember the last time I was on a swing. I absolutely love the feeling of swinging as high as possible. What a rush!

Anonymous said...

What a great site Filing bankruptcy on student loan 16www xenical co nz Tamiflu dose recommendation Cheap+divorce Jessica simpson dessert perfume Lamborghini 2006 models Tax reduction litigation attorney How use two cpu threw a network info on phendametrazine 35mgs 105 mgs Alembert roulette system