Friday, July 08, 2005

This and That

First and foremost, my heart and prayers go out to all of England for the cowardly attacks yesterday. I am glad to see our friends across the ocean holding up well and have not let this set them back.

Second, thanks to all who replied to my 4th of July post! I hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday. I have read some reports and it appears that many of us like to partake in the American past time (the Canadian one too) of celebrating with beers...here is to you my friends!!!!

The D.C. trip was ok, very hectic and with family. Need I say more really. My dad's family, always full of drama, reminded me why I only want to see them once a year. My children had a great time and hubby drank, a lot. I can't blame hubby, I wanted to drink a lot too and finally did on Sunday night, after chaos had reigned supreme at my cousin's home. I was reminded why I love my husband and why we are good together. He kept me grounded and helped me to not lose my cool. *smooches* to him!

We did visit Mt. Vernon like the good tourists we are. I had a great time with my kids. I had not been through the house since the 8th grade and really enjoyed seeing it. My children are troopers and were well behaved despite the heat. We took a lovely ride on the cruise boat and enjoyed the view of Mt. Vernon. It is truly spectacular. At some point I will try my hand at posting some of the pics I have taken, but I am notoriously bad at following through with those.

It is the weekend, thank goodness, but again we will be spending time with family. I can't seem to escape these people. I am not that witty and fun. Why does everyone insist on spending time with us? Oh thats right, because I tend to try and make everyone happy and do the right thing. I plan parties well, always having the right amount of food, drink and games. I usually always smile and have something nice to say. I don't quite feel that way at the moment. I suppose I will need an attitude adjust before tomorrow or maybe I will just drink a lot.

16 comments:

Scott said...

Glad the experience kept you connected with your husband. That's the beauty of marriage, it ripens with age.

Anonymous said...

Visiting family can be tough. Glad you made it through. It seems once we have kids we are more worthwhile to visit, hence, the family functions never seem to stop. I always end up enjoying it all in the end (enjoy it more when MIL not around). But, it's the planning that can be exhausting. I guess we do it for the kiddies.::))

Oh, to do pics, go to blogger help. They will direct you to Picasa and Hello. In Picasa, you pull the pics from your hard drive and it lets you add color, redeye adjust, etc. Then, from there you can forward the picture to other outlets. One of them is Blogger. The Hello actually seems to send it directly to your blog page. You get used to it after a few times.

And, a boat ride around Mt. Vernon. I am definitely going to have to try that. I have not actually gone to Mount Vernon--shame on me. Next time . . .

Talk to you later.

jenbeauty said...

Yes Scott, I was very thankful for my husband this weekend. It is good to know that someone is on "your side".

Marel, I like your point of view. I suppose it is the kids more than me, yes?! *smiles* I get a little narsisisstic here! lol

Mt. Vernon was really beautiful. I enjoyed the boat ride and tour through the home the best. The view from the Potomic was gorgeous! I have used Hello before but need some practive. It makes hubby nervous, me posting pics of us or the kids. But I will post of what I took from the boat.

jenbeauty said...

Actually, I do have a pic of hubby and I up. If you go back to May 6 you will see us at a Christmas Party. That will give you a face with my posting.

As always thanks for stopping by!

Joe said...

Same thing happens with my family, and I'm none of the things you list either. Perhaps we should trade families for a little while. Shake things up a bit.

Fair warning, though. You'll need to drink a lot before you meet my family.

Trevor Record said...

"or maybe I will just drink a lot" that's hilarious.

Beth said...

Family always sets me on age. I like the quiet. I hope you get some alone time this weekend.

Glowie said...

so...did the drinking help? It always seems to help me. When kept to a reasonable amount, of course.

jenbeauty said...

glow...yay...*smooch*!

I did not drink a drop. It turned out to be just my SIL, BIL and my nieces. The boys played softball all day Saturday and we watched for a bit and then took the kids swimming. It was a long day but good actually. I like my SIL Pam, here and I tend to *giggle* a lot when together. I am a lucky one to have pretty good in-laws. Plus they went home that night so Sunday was family free for us!

Sorry to disappoint you Trevor but I am sure I will have some more drinking stories another time! lol

As always, thanks for replying and the support everyone.

Bravie said...

DRINKS ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!

jenbeauty said...

I really need to get to San Fran sometime soon!

While your here carey, drinks on me!

Jen said...

A reasonable amount, Glow? Feh. What fun is that? *grin*

Hi OJ! (short for Other Jen. It's your new nickname. LOL.)

jenbeauty said...

Hiya Jen...welcome to my insanity!!

OJ huh...oh my...how about koko...lol! Actually the night of our wedding rehearsal and dinner OJ was doing his white bronco escape so I guess the nic could be fitting.

Mona said...

Here's hoping you find a balance at some point of being nice to others and being good to yourself...it's a tough one. In the meantime, pass me that drink.

jenbeauty said...

Hi there Mona!

I can't stand to be involved in controversy or drama. I tend to cry a lot when that happens and get my feelings hurt. I tend to be the "fixer" in those situations. I am seeking that balance and reading about others from everywhere around the globe here at blogger is actually helping.

momma said...

Hiya OJ, Koko..whoever you are :)

*smooch*