Friday, August 12, 2005

Couple Time

It is official. Next week we will only have our children for Thursday and Thursday night!! My MIL will be taking the kids on Monday and returning them on Thursday. My dad will then take the kids on Friday morning and return them sometime Saturday!!

Hubby and I are taking next Friday off work for a long weekend. Our plans are to visit either Put-N-Bay or Kelly's Island. I am so excited at the prospect of going out of town with just my hubby. In all honesty we have not had this type of situation come up in a long time. We have been in one of our marriage "down periods" and really need some time to be with each other, alone. Reconnecting and getting the communication going again will be a goal of mine. I will have his undivided attention and I am craving his attention.

It goes without saying that I love my children and miss them tremendously when they are away from me. I worry constantly about them while they are out of town without one of us. But I sincerely need this little break. To be able to get up in the morning and only worry about dressing myself and taking a leisurely shower. To have an uninterrupted conversation with my husband or even a walk around the block without 1-8 children going with us will feel like bliss.

I think taking a bath with candles and a bottle of wine just might be on my agenda too!

WOO HOO!

18 comments:

Foxy said...

me and my hubby recently had one of these "breaks" and man does it do wonders- so much needed once in a while! hope you enjoy. :)

Scott said...

Wow! I envy you. I would love the uninterupted conversation thing. I haven't had one of those in decades! Have fun.

Scott said...

Oh, and I'm half way through the Half Blood Prince, and I have to say, JK Rowling rules the universe. Every chapter is a delight, and it's been a long time since I've had trouble putting a book down.

Jason said...

We've yet to take a trip away from the kids, although we've talked about it. Hopefully you'll have a great one!

Glowie said...

That's awesome, Jen. Take advantage of this time together. *smooch*

HistoryDetective said...

Yay!!! Have a blast, I hope that this vacation refreshes you and hubby.

(My brother and I went away to summer camp for at least two weeks lots of summers. We loved it --- and I realize now that my parents probably enjoyed having time as a couple.)

Bravie said...

Good for you and DH. We don't have kids but I know that sometimes a mini vacation away from the normal everyday stuff can really help the relationship. *smooch*
have a great time.

Anonymous said...

I, like Scott, envy you. So great. Enjoy it!! I gotta get me one of those weekends. :)

Beth said...

Sounds fantastic. Enjoy!

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erik Holtan said...

That sounds great, I hope you have fun with your man!

Trevor Record said...

Aw,I'm sure it'll be great to patch up any problems. I hope you and your husband have a spectacular time!

Risu said...

Ooh, I hope it's a perfectly soul-replenishing vacation! It's great that you have that opportunity.

Scott said...

Jen - Where do you discuss Harry Potter? Give me that address ok?

momma said...

Enjoy it Jen! You deserve a much needed break like this. And yes, the bath and wine MUST be placed on the agenda.

Melody said...

Enjoy your 'together' time. That bath sounds great!

Schnookie said...

You have 8 children? *gasp*
Kidding :-)
That's wonderful for you Jen. Have a terrific time!!!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. http://www.blackberry-way-oldies-mp3.info Cheap consultation free valium cum diazepam Contact lenses that correct both near and far audio conferencing Whirlpool refrigerator repair yahoo fantasy baseball Goldberg furniture syracuse ny medical malpractice Area rugs at fred meyer Dinosaur divorce game