Thursday, August 18, 2005

Racing

Like my cousins and my parents before me, I had a bug. A bug that just cannot allow me to drive the speed limit, under most any circumstance. I was known to "drag" anyone, anywhere, at any time. Once upon a time my dream was to become a race car driver. As you can see that actually went no where, but I digress.

Mario Andretti and his team were very popular during my rein as international racing star Koko. Guys would actually put money on me to take out whatever dude thought their "Z" or Camero could out race the chick in the "Stang". Standard is the only way to go and on a straight stretch with a couple of curves, easy money. But it did take a little time for me to earn this reputation.

On the night I was dubbed "Mario" my friends and I went to a basketball game, at an opposing school whom our high school was not playing. My Mother thought it would be harmless for me to have the Mustang on a Tuesday night to drive to a basketball game. Little did my Mom know we were going to this game to scope out what a friend's boyfriend was doing on the sly.

We arrive at the game just before halftime, pay our way in and are standing out in the lobby of the gym. It was extremely crowded and loud as this game was important to both schools. Two of my friends had wandered away from "T" and I while we were jabbering away about typical teenage girl stuff. Next thing I know "T" makes me turn around to see our two friends are having a bit of a shouting match with some girls from the home school. Being the good friends "T" and I were we skip on over to the action and are listening intently. My usual reaction in these situations is to giggle as all the arguing over a boy was intensely stupid. During my gigglefest I am tapped on the shoulder and as I turn around I was immediately assaulted by a punch in the stomach. I think there is something about my giggle that must be irritating. The night just got plain ugly from there, especially since we were not at OUR own high school, I had my varsity jacket on, and some teachers were making their way towards us. "T" was all about dragging me out of there (had a Volleyball game on Thursday) and all four of us proceeded to run to the car.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that those girls, with their own boyfriends in tow, would follow us! And chase us they did.

17 comments:

Scott said...

Cool story Jen, I really want to know what happened next. This sounds like a movie...

jenbeauty said...

LOL Scott...a movie I don't know about that. Not sure if I am conveying the right feeling or not. My writing is not very expressive I am just writing from a first person narritive.

I will take your statement as a compliment and say that I could write some scripts for John Hughes!! lol You have really inspired me to write up a few of my past tales. Some are funny, some are plain stupid, but all have lead me to where I am today.

I like to laugh at myself and my friends never fail in helping out. I was at a meeting for planning our 20 yr class reunion a few weeks ago. Several of the guys that used to cheer me on and bet money were there. They had a good laugh at Koko driving a White Mini-Van!

Natalie said...

I'm impressed that you were in a real live fight in high school. I wish you'd elaborate on "just plain ugly" so I can continue living vicariously through your high school experiences!

jenbeauty said...

MG: Don't be so impressed...I really hate talking about the fights. My friends had big mouths and it seemed I always paid the price. I look back and think how awful it was. Though part of it will show up in the story.

Jason said...

The Breakfast Club meets The Fast And The Furious.

Scott said...

Jason is onto something there. I'm a sucker for John Hughes, and for a good teen story. And of course I was complimenting you!

Trevor Record said...

*cues banjo chase music*

sounds fun

Anonymous said...

In junior high, I felt like I had to defend myself a bit. Yuck. But, you were at another school--scandalous! :) Can't wait to hear how you peeled out of the parking lot at high speeds. That's my style too. Whenever anyone here in NY sees that I drive a stick--I get questions. Not too popular for some reason. Will be back for the conclusion, Mario. :)

Anonymous said...

Great story, Jen! What happened next?!

~ EmRb

Risu said...

This is a fun story.

I eagerly await the conclusion...

Bravie said...

But you didn't scratch the Mustang, did you? Mustangs are very precious. *grin*

Bill said...

Hi Jen... great story.. I can hardly wait for the next installment!

A care chase worthy of Steve McQueen maybe? :)

I remember High School as such a silly, and yet troubled time... although these days all I really remember are the fun times :)

HistoryDetective said...

Fun stuff. I was involved in a low speed chase in high school. Your high speed chase sounds more interesting.

That dude Paul said...

Man I always had a thing(and still do) for girls that were into fast cars or motor cycles. A very cool story Jen.
Peace

Erik Holtan said...

Ahh, the god ol days of drama, and girls chasing us in the car!
Oh, wait, I would have LOVED girls to be chasing me like that!

The Zombieslayer said...

Jen - dang, now I had wish I read this part of the story first instead of the other way around. This was the prelude to the chase.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
2005 toyota tacoma pic taco call center case study order buy order buy protonix http://www.big-natural-tits-6.info/bikinicontestgonewild.html jezebel seduction demi unlined bra aze patanol yasmin birth control pill