Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Pain

Geez you would think I have not gone through giving birth or had a bunch of surgeries in the past three years. I have been so whiney with this back stuff this week I almost can't stand myself!

I went to the Chiro yesterday afternoon and he did an adjust and gave me a treatment for the sciatic nerve problem. That helped a bit and I am going back again tomorrow. I am able to walk a little better but still feel and look crooked.

Tonight my friend and I are taking our daughters to the Hilary Duff concert. Oh boy....as if having this hurt back was making me feel old, now I am going to this concert with my 8 year old and goodness knows how many other young screaming fan girls. I think I should have gotten prescription drugs instead of an adjust. This coming from the woman who loved Green Day. You would think I could handle a little pain and Hilary Duff.

My princess is so excited though so being the best mommy I can I smiled this morning, helped her get her outfit together and took her to the sitter's where she immediately began talking about what to do with her hair. Um, is she still 8? Really, she is so cute about the whole thing and I had to explain at least three times that she would not really get to meet Hilary or maybe not even see her that well. We will be taking the binoculars so hopefully she will not be too disappointed.

Oh and GK, icey hot next to the bed!! LOL It ws all the walking and rollar coasters people...I am old!

13 comments:

Beth said...

I do have Icy Hot next to my bed. I put it on every night. My husband calls it "sex repellant." Haha!

I hope your daughter has a blast!

Trevor Record said...

Haha, "sex repellant". That is a good one, actually.

Hope your daughter has a good time!

Jason said...

She should have been at the Garden Grove Strawberry Festival Parade a couple of years ago -- up close and personal. Now they only get her Haylie.

Erik Holtan said...

My wife and I took the kids to see her last summer, and I thougth she rocked! My wife and son had to go out in the concourse because it was too loud! Yes, it was more hard rock like! I loved it and my daughter sat there with me the whole time!

Scott said...

I took my kids to see the Wiggles, so I sympathize with your impending Duff concert. I always thought from their videos that aerobically it was taxing. The lead singer Greg hides behind a keyboard in concert and lets the others do the work. Greg wandered through the crowd signing autographs sweating like a steam kettle. But I digress. Have fun.

Ben O. said...

One day you wake up and everything takes twice as long to heal. I swear that I used to be able to run all day and then wake up the next day and go again . . . not anymore.

Dang body!

Ben O.

http://everyothernamehasbeentaken.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how the concert went. I hope you were able to stock on some kind of painkiller. Talk to you later. :)

Beth said...

Jen, I just made a blog for us on the weighty issues of life. =)

http://weightyconcerns.blogspot.com/

That dude Paul said...

Hope you girls have a blast tonight.
Peace

Miranda said...

"You would think I could handle a little pain and Hilary Duff."

*laugh*

Natalie said...

It's likely you will leave the house with a backache and come home with a pounding headache. Not necessarily from Hilary (I too have heard good things about her concerts...) but from the masses of screaming "tweens". It will be a fabulous memory for your daugher though!

The Zombieslayer said...

A pinched nerve in the back is nothing to scoff at. I've boxed, wrestled, and played football, so I could take a little bit of pain, but dang, those nerves in the back never rest. They're always reminding you of their presence.

I was lucky though. My wife found us a good chiropractor and within a few months, she got my problem fixed.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! ideal temperature for waterbeds Mazda 2006 3 review Refurbished sharp ux 510 fax machines Data recovery dundee Looking for in car navigation at http://www.faucet8.info/atlantic_en_waterbed.html Cellular game phone verizon wireless cell phone plans Backpacks with built in stereos vitamin e warnings http://www.billpay6.info/waterbed-sheet.html Prozac mess boards Subaru wrx kits dvd player http://www.hotel-accommodation-2.info/carolina_waterbed.html Retractable awnings reno Cottage cheese nnd cancer Lincoln convertible