Friday, May 06, 2005

Green Day Rocked!

I have forgotten how much I love the sound of a good guitar rife and a hot guy pounding on drums! It is amazing what 8 years of attending Barney and Wiggles shows can do to that side of your brain.

Green Day was awesome. My husband did attend the show with me and our night started off a bit rocky. But as the music of Chemical Romance started and the beer flowed so did more happy thoughts!!

I liked Chemical Romance but their music is not something I would listen to on a daily basis. However, they did put on a good show and the crowd seemed to love them.

Billy Joe Armstrong is an amazing Rock Star! Yes I said Rock Star...after this album and tour this guy is in my top ten. It was almost a full 2 hour show and the dude did not stop bouncing around the stage and drawing the crowd in.

The band brought kids up on the stage to perform on their instruments. Billy Joe mainly picked teenagers for this experience. The kid that played the guitar was really good and got that oh so sought after kiss from Billy Joe! The crowd was going wild. They brought up a 19 year old girl who played the bass and I must say I was impressed. The boy that played the drums was also rocking. It was amazing to see these teenagers get up on stage and be able to play right along while Billy Joe was singing. At the end of that set Billy Joe gave the guitar to the kid that was playing it! I am sure it was an outstanding experience for those teenagers.

The show ended with one of my favorite songs "Good Riddance". Hubby and I agreed that this was one of the best concerts that we have been too in quite a while. Not only does Green Day rock they are great, honest performers. I loved all the crowd interaction. It is hard to believe that I have been following this band since I was fresh out of college. The music never seems old even if I feel it!! lol

"Its something unpredictable but in the end its right, I hope you had the time of your life!"

2 comments:

Blue said...

Excellent! Good for hubby, good for you. You've gotta break out every now and then, huh?
I would lerve to go see a good rock act, but that's a tiny bit rare down here in the south.
We DO have Avril Lavigne next week, but er, no thanks.

Buggy said...

I LOVE Green Day!
I am so jealous.
I have this idea that liking GD makes me less old.
Humor me.