Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Vacation and other things

We leave for Florida in less than two weeks! I am very excited as we have not had a full blown vacation since Disney in November 2003. Oh heck that is not true we did go to Vegas, but that was not restfull lol! Last year was hell as I had two surgeries and started a new job. While we take little breaks, usually to drive to relatives for various occasions, this is a much needed break to the beach with the in-laws.

The in-laws!!! you say! Mine are actually pretty good. I enjoy my hubby's two sisters and their husbands very much. We all get along and hubby's family is pretty laid back. It is my mom that makes me insane and yes she is going along on this trip as well! We had this same set up in the summer of 2003 in the Outer Banks and surprisingly it was great, really great. The kids had the time of their lives, my MIL and mom got along great, shopped and helped take care of their mutual grandchildren. My FIL always does his own thing and makes a mean barbecue chicken. So yes, I am excited to go on vacation that I know will be lots of fun!

On to the other things. I told hubby about this on-line blog thing and meeting peeps from another site. Needless to say he is a bit leery and wondering what the hell has gotten into me! He has been wondering why I have been spending so much time on the net and computer and I explained that it is a bit of an escape and has helped me get some much needed things off my chest. Hubby thinks I am too friendly and that this could possibly be dangerous. So now I have started thinking about if I want to continue blogging/LJ. I really like being able to write out my feelings and share various things. The only feature here that I don't like is that you can't hide some things or only allow certain "friends" to be able to view. That is what I like about the LJ community. I have agreed to take down pics of him and I that I have here. I don't think I am that interesting enough for someone to really care about what I write other than some friends on the net. But I don't want my hubby to feel insecure or worried about this. So I may take a break depending on how chatty I feel.

1 comment:

jenbeauty said...

Thanks master of none! I read your blog and liked your story! Thanks for reading here.