Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Softball....AGAIN!!

We had our first offical softball game last night! I was so excited and it was loads of fun! I am very proud of our girls and they played so well. I am truly surprised at how much knowledge they gained and how they have improved. I am also surprised at how many of the girls want to actually play catcher and wear all that equipment! It warms my heart, I have such a soft spot for that position.

We had buckets full of bubble gum, girls singing about not playing with Barbie Dolls and wonderful parents who were supportive, encouraging and helpful to this very insecure coach!

The best moments for me are when the girls called me Coach Jennifer and thanked me after the game, I almost cried. I cannot tell you how much better I am today for those little girls last night. I still have a lot to learn but those girls really made coaching worth it. And my daughter, she is an ace..."Mommy, I love softball, I cannot wait for our next game!" I could not stop smiling!

3 comments:

Bill said...

Jen -

Thanks for stopping by my place, and for the wonderful comment!!

Please feel free to stop back by anytime! (I love comments!!)

I'm also glad you stopped by, because now I've found your place, I liked this post and the one about granny's wisdom...

I like your style!

jenbeauty said...

Many thanks Bill! Your blog was a good read too! Pretty insightful and I like insightful!

Pooh...glad you found me! You make me smile and keep up with that blog thingy since I never see you around OT! Thanks for the compliment on a great read!

jenbeauty said...

Aw Barry that truly stinks! How old are the girls?

There is a better way of letting them know they did not play up to their potential. Hey...he should have just said that exact thing!! Imagine using more of the english language to critize in a constructive manner! sorry for the sarcasm. All his comment did was tear the girls down and feel bad about themselves.