Monday, May 09, 2005

Mom's Day

My Mother's Day:

1. My daughter signing I love you Mommy and then signing Happy Mother's Day; and
2. My son kissing me on the check and holding on for dear life "you are the bestest mommy ever!"

No need for jewelry, hats, socks, t-shirts, appliances or cards. I will remember those two sentiments forever!! My children are my best accomplishments and I would not trade being a mommy for anything else in the world!

As for my Mom, well her and I have always had an estranged type of relationship. However, once I got married and gave birth to my first child everything in our relationship changed. Not sure what happened to my Mom but her demeanor about life did a 180. My Mom was not the best at being a mom and was not an emotional giver. But she did instill quite a bit of values and truth into my soul so I thank her for that. I also thank her for the amount of love and affection she shows my husband and children. They deserve the best and she does provide that for them which watching is a bit surreal for me. So I made sure to hug my mom yesterday and tell her that I love her. After all without my Mom I would not have this life I live nor the children that have made things so very worthwhile.

No comments: