Thursday, May 05, 2005

Was starting to be a good day!

I am actually meeting an internet friend for the first time for lunch today! I am excited and nervous at the same time. It feels like a first date although it is with a female. I took really good care to pick out the right clothes, fix my hair and make up. A first good impression is always the best when meeting new people, even if I know loads of details about their life!

I am amazed at how many people I really enjoy talking to through LJ and SB and the great people that are coming into my life. But at the same time I feel like something important is leaving my life, hence the title of this entry, my day WAS starting off really well.

So I got really great tickets from my firm to Green Day, 2 months ago, for tonight. Hubby calls me to say that he is going to go ahead and play softball. Ok, we rarely get a sitter to go out, together, without kids, without family. Hubby proceeds to tell me that he will meet me there! I say to him, you want your wife to go to a Green Day concert, alone? Not that I cannot handle myself or anything but I am feeling a little unimportant in the scheme of things. He then tells me that I can take my friend Brenda, if I want. I am thinking what is this about! At this point I told him I think he needs to think about what he wants to do and call me later with a definite answer.

*sigh* another item that is added to the list of disappointing things happening between us.